The Academic Resource Center (ARC) offers individual academic counseling sessions for online students who would like to develop better organizational and learning strategies. Ongoing academic counseling and mentoring services are also available. The ARC is works with all students across the worldwide Webster University community.
Academic counseling provides many services to online students:
• Guidance in improving academic skills
• Guidance in improving time management and stress management
• Help adjusting to college life
• Personalized academic success plans
• Referrals to University resources
• Support to improve your grade point average (GPA)
• Support to recover from academic probation
Online students may connect with an Academic Counselor by phone, WebEx, email, or in person at any time and as regularly as you would like:
• When you feel you are “not doing well” in your online course(s)
• When you want to improve your academic skills
• When you are falling behind on assignments or struggling with assignments and/or courses
• When you feel stressed and/or under academic pressure
• When you want to improve your time management skills
• When you are placed on academic probation
Schedule an appointment:
You can schedule an academic counseling appointment with Lisa Hempen through the Student Success Portal by going to your My Success Network, searching for Hempen and selecting Lisa’s name. Then, just click on the Schedule Appointment button and follow the prompts. (To access the Student Success Portal, go to success.webster.edu and log in with your Connections credentials.)
Alternatively, you may schedule an academic counseling appointment by contacting Lisa Hempen directly:
Lisa C. Hempen, M.Ed.
Student Success Coordinator
If you’re near the St. Louis-area, you might also be interested in attending our academic success workshops. We have two scheduled for Fall 2019, and if you’re interested in attending, please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) Developing a Success Strategy: This workshop will help you manage your time using various tools and time organization strategies. Thursday, September 19, 4:30-5:30 p.m. in the Academic Resource Center, Webster Groves campus, Loretto Hall Room 40.
2) The Finals Game Plan: This workshop will help you put together a game plan for preparing for finals. Wednesday, November 13, 4:30-5:30 p.m. in the Academic Resource Center, Webster Groves campus, Loretto Hall Room 40.