Good news! You do not need to wait for the syllabus or access to the course, you can find your textbook information weeks before the course starts.
Students enrolled in online courses have access to textbook information ahead of the term. To find out what textbook(s) you need for your course, simply visit the website for Follett, Webster’s official bookstore for online and extended campus courses. You will be able to view whether books are required or optional for your course, or if no text is required.
To look up your textbook(s):
1. Under the BOOK tab click textbooks & course materials
2. Select your PROGRAM (ALL)
3. Select your Term (SUMMER)
4. Select your Division (Online Programs)
5. Select your Department EX: BUSN is the department- if you course is BUSN 5000 OA
6. Select your Course (ex: 5000)
7. Select your Section (ex: OA)
This screen will show you all the materials requested for your course
1. Image of the textbook (when available)
2. Author / Edition / ISBN when you click on +
3. Type of Textbook (hardback, loose-leaf, paper, digital, etc.)
4. Rent / Buy Option
5. New / Used Option
What if you do not know your section for your course? Good news, you can look this up in the Connections portal! To view what you are registered for, log into Connections: connections.webster.edu/cp/home/loginf, click on the Student tab, then click on the Student Academic Services link. Make sure your Current Option settings have the term you are looking for: [GRAD/UNDG] [Term] [Year]. Under Student Info, click on student schedule. It will list your class and professor. It will also let you email your professor from there.
Or you can view this video on how to look up your textbook(s)::
Note: If you are located in St. Louis, please use the Follett Website for Online/Metro as your bookstore; the Follett Bookstore on the st. Louis campus does not stock or sell books for online courses. If using federal financial aid, you may also be eligible to obtain a book voucher to use your refund in advance of the term to purchase your book.