Every year, Webster University is proud to sponsor Webster Works Worldwide, a campus (world) wide day of service in partnership with local agencies and nonprofit organizations near the Webster communities. Staff, students, faculty, and alumni work in teams on a variety of projects that can include office work, cleaning, outside work such as gardening or trail restoration, or working with children or seniors, etc. More than 30,000 volunteers have given more than 128,000 hours of service since the introduction of this annual project in 1995.
On Wednesday, October 7th, the 21st anniversary of the project, the day started on the main campus when all of the volunteers gathered for “A Send Off to Fuel your Mind, Body and Spirit.” We heard some inspirational words, enjoyed breakfast together, and picked up our t-shirts. The staff of the Online Learning Center donated over 60 hours of service to the following agencies:
- Food Outreach – worked in the kitchen and grocery area
- Nurses for Newborns – sorted clothing
- Hope Lodge – cleaned and baked cookies
- McKnight place – had a picnic with senior citizens
- Kids Under Twenty One (KUTO) – worked on promotional mailers
- Alzheimer’s Association –thank you notes, data entry, cleaned signs
Everyone returned to work on Thursday refreshed and fulfilled.