Webster University’s Testing Center (part of the Academic Resource Center in Loretto Hall Room 40 on the home campus) provides a distraction-reduced environment for students to test outside the classroom. We offer this service free to students taking Webster course exams or Webster-based placement tests; we charge a $25 proctor fee to students taking non-Webster exams (such as CLEP, DSST, or correspondence courses for another university). We cannot offer proctoring services for in-class exams or administer bulk exams (three or more students in the same class) in the Testing Center.Our hours of operation during Webster’s standard semesters are 9 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. on Friday. Throughout the summer we close at 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, and 7 p.m. on Monday and Wednesday.
Students’ responsibilities are as follows:
• To contact the instructor for approval to test outside class or to notify the instructor that the student has the right to test in a distraction-reduced environment as part of his/her accommodations under ADA.
• To make an appointment with the Testing Center at least 24 hours in advance (preferably more). Students can call (314) 246-8225, email email@example.com, or come to the Testing Center in person to make an appointment.
• To notify the instructor of the date and time by which the test needs to arrive at the Testing Center. (We will also go through the department to notify the instructor once the appointment has been made if we do not already have the test in our possession).
• To arrive on time for the testing appointment, carrying some form of photo ID (required, no exceptions will be made) and any books/notes required for the test. We provide paper, writing implements, and even calculators if the instructor has specified they are to be used on the test.
• Cell phones, smart watches, and other electronic devices are not allowed in the testing rooms.
• If you are documented under the ADA with the Academic Resource Center, your accommodations will be honored during your testing. Please make sure to notify the Testing Center staff of your accommodations when making an appointment.
• Academic integrity is an integral part of the Testing Center functionality. To help ensure these standards, the Testing Center does not accept students’ homework assignments, late work, or take-home exams/work and does not collect work to be distributed back to students. Additionally, students may not personally bring their exams to the Testing Center. These policies protect the academic integrity of the Testing Center.
For testing questions or for more information, please call the Testing Center at (314) 246-8225.